Gouda Mac and Cheese
- 3 tbsp chopped garlic
- ½ tbsp black pepper
- ¼ cups white wine
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ tbsp wet chicken base
- ¼ cups grated smoked gouda cheese
- ¼ cups sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup American cheese
- ¼ cup Panko Japanese breadcrumbs
- ¼ cups parmesan cheese
- 6 oz. elbow macaroni or medium shells
- Boil pasta in salted water 7-12 minutes. You can refrigerate overnight and use later as needed.
- Mix the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese and set aside
- Add the first five ingredients in a large double boiler and cook over a medium heat stirring the mixture regularly until it starts to steam on top.
- Add the cheeses and stir constantly until completely mixed and remove from heat.
- Mix the pasta and sauce together until creamy but not runny.
- Put in a baking dish and sprinkle with the breadcrumb mixture
- Bake or broil until brown