• 16 slices white bread, torn into pieces
• 10 pounds ground beef
• 8 medium yellow onion, peeled and cut into eighths
• 8 cloves garlic, minced
• 8 stalks celery, cut into 2-inch pieces
• 8 carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
• 2 cups parsley leaves, chopped
• 4 large egg, beaten
• 2 cups ketchup
• 8 teaspoons dry mustard
• 3 tablespoon coarse salt
• 8 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
• 8 tablespoons brown sugar
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Place bread in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade;
pulse until fine crumbs form. Transfer to a medium bowl, and add ground beef.
2. Place onion, garlic, celery, carrots, and parsley in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the
steel blade; pulse until fine. Add to meat mixture, using hands to mix well. Add egg, 1 cup
ketchup, 4 teaspoons dry mustard, salt, and pepper; use hands to combine thoroughly. Place in a
3. Combine remaining 1 cup ketchup, remaining 4 teaspoons dry mustard, and brown sugar in a
bowl; stir until smooth.
4. Brush mixture over meatloaf; place in the oven with a baking pan set on the rack below to catch
drippings. Cook until a meat thermometer inserted in the center reads 160 degrees, about 90
minutes. If top gets too dark, cover with foil, and continue baking.