YO Black Eyed Pea Sirloin Soup Recipe
- 1 gallon Chicken Stock
- 2 cups Black eyed Peas, soaked and rinsed
- 1 cup diced onions
- 3 tbsp Garlic, chopped
- 3 tbsp Cumin, ground
- 1 each Bay Leaf
- ½ bunch Cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tomatoes, Chopped with juice
- 12 oz. Tomato Juice
- 1 ½ tbsp Black Pepper
- 3tbsp Jalapenos, pickled and chopped
- 2/3 pounds Top Sirloin, grilled and diced
- In large stock pot add all ingredients except for the Top Sirloin, Chopped Tomatoes and Cilantro.
- Bring Black eyed Peas to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Add tomatoes and continue to cook until peas are tender. Add Top Sirloin and cilantro and stir together well. Cook for 5 minutes and then remove from heat.
- Transfer to steam table pan and serve.
- To cool soup, pour soup into shallow hotel pans and place into walk-in. Stir often until temperature drops to 45 degrees. Combine chilled soup into proper container, cover label and date. Soup will keep refrigerated for 1 week or package soup into vacuum bags and seal then freeze for up to 6 months.
- To cool soup from hot line, remove soup from steam table, transfer to a clean hotel pan and add 1 large scoop of ice. Stir into soup and check to see if temperature is below 45 degrees. Cover, label and date and place into refrigerator for use first the next day.