Wild Mushroom Bread Pudding
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 cups thin sliced yellow onions
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 cups wild and exotic mushrooms
- 2 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 10 eggs
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 cups bread croutons
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano or Cotija cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a shallow half pan with 1 tablespoon butter.
- In a large sauté pan add 2 tablespoons butter and add the onions, 1 teaspoon salt, and black pepper and saute for 4 minutes.
- Stir in the mushrooms and garlic and saute for 3 minutes remove from the heat and cool.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs for 30 seconds. Add the heavy cream, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, and cayenne, Tabasco, and Worcestershire sauce. Whisk the mixture until fully incorporated.
- Stir in the sautéed mushrooms. Add the bread cubes and mix well. Pour the filling into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the pudding with the grated cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes.