- Four 8 oz. lobster tails (cold water preferably)
- Canola oil (enough for a pan or small fryer)
- 3 cups rice flour (may be substituted for all purpose flour)
- ¼ cup corn starch
- 1 tsp salt
- 1tsp pepper
- 1tsp onion powder
- 1tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp powder ginger
- 3 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp Tabasco
- Heat the oil in a pan or fryer to 375°.
- Cut the lobster tails in half-length wise and remove from shell
- Add the dry breading in one container and the wet in another
- Dredge the lobster in the dry mix, then the wet, and back to the dry. There is no need to push down on the lobster. Just turn it in the flour, covering it well.
- Place in the hot oil for about 3-4 minutes until golden brown.
Lemon Caper Butter Cream
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 lemons peeled and quartered
- 1 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cut up, at room temperature
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon capers
- Heat a small skillet over high heat. When the skillet is hot, add the wine, lemons, garlic, and shallots. Cook for 2 minutes, breaking up and mashing the lemons with a wire whisk. Stir in the salt, pepper, Worcestershire, and hot sauce and cook until the mixture is somewhat syrupy, for about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and cook for 1 minute.
- Over low heat, whisk in the butter a few pats at a time. When all of the butter has been added, remove from the heat, but continue whisking until all of the butter is incorporated into the sauce. Strain the sauce, pressing all of the liquid into a bowl. Stir in the parsley and capers. Serve immediately, or keep warm for a few minutes until ready to use.